2023 2MBS Fine Music Sydney Stefan Kruger and Ken Weatherley Jazz Scholarships
Below are the Terms and Conditions governing the 2023 2MBS Fine Music Sydney Stefan Kruger and Ken Weatherley Jazz Scholarships.
N.b. The scholarship refers to the scholarship relevant to the applicant (ie Stefan Kruger Scholarship or Ken Wetherley Scholarship).
- Volunteers and Staff of 2MBS Fine Music Sydney are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The online application form and all relevant supporting materials must be submitted online.
- Applications that are late or incomplete will not be accepted.
- The applicant is responsible for the copyright clearance of any material included in their application.
- The scholarship recipient grants 2MBS Fine Music Sydney the rights for publication and broadcasting of their work produced as part of the scholarship. Copyright is vested in and is owned by the recipient.
- The scholarship recipient agrees to any reasonable request to participate in promotional activities and media calls publicising the award and progress of the scholarship.
- Once the scholarship has been awarded, the recipient cannot change the project specified in the application without prior consultation with the Board of 2MBS Fine Music Sydney.
- The scholarship cannot be transferred to another person.
- The Ken Weatherley Jazz Scholarship is valued at $10,000, with a cash component of $5000 and access to promotional and broadcast support on 2MBS Fine Music Sydney, valued at $5000. The Scholarship recipient will also have access to the Fine Music Founders’ Studio for rehearsals.
- The Stefan Kruger Scholarship is valued at $13,000, with a cash component of $8000 and access to promotional and broadcast support on 2MBS Fine Music Sydney, valued at $5000. The Scholarship recipient will also have access to the Fine Music Founders’ Studio for rehearsals.
- The Scholarship does not include access to our Engineers or the Founders’ Studio for the purpose of recording music. The Scholarship recipient may use the Fine Music Founders’ Studio for recording, at their own expense. Our current Engineer rate is $80 per hour during business hours and $100 per hour after 6pm on weeknights and on the weekend.
- The $5000 in-kind value component of the scholarship is not transferable to cash, and may only be used for marketing on 2MBS Fine Music Sydney promotional channels, including on-air, and online, which includes the website, the Fine Music News digital newsletter, and Fine Music Magazine.