Applications for 2024 Artists in Residence are now closed!
About the Artists in Residence Program
The Artists in Residence Program is a unique 12-month residency that helps sydney-based ensembles build a greater professional profile and audience. The residency is offered annually to one classical music ensemble and one Jazz ensemble.
Established in 2014, past Artists in Residence include the Omega Ensemble, Acacia Quartet, The Streeton Trio, The Marais Project, Elysian Fields, The Michael Griffin Sextet, States of Chaos, the Sydney Cello Quartet and Anoesis.
Valued at $10,000 (with no cash component), the 2024 Artists in Residence will receive:
- Broadcast opportunities, including interviews and CD of the Week opportunities
- Access to the Fine Music Founders’ Studio for rehearsals
- Promotional support on 2MBS Fine Music Sydney (valued at $10,000)
Volunteers and Staff of 2MBS Fine Music Sydney are not eligible to apply for the residency.
- Be based in Sydney
- Be in a classical music or jazz ensemble with two or more members
The Artists in Residence Program is not a performance competition and will be awarded to the applicant who best meets the following criteria:
- The applicant has actively demonstrated an interest, commitment and the potential for a viable career in the performance or composition of classical or jazz music.
- The applicant has identified a detailed project or activity with the potential to significantly enhance the ensemble’s career.
- The applicant has effectively demonstrated how the ensemble will utilise the sponsorship and broadcasting opportunities component of the Artists in Residence Program.
- The applicant has effectively demonstrated how the ensemble will utilise access to the Fine Music Founders’ Studio as a rehearsal or recording (at their own expense) space.
Applications close on 30 November 2023. Applicants must complete and submit all materials using the online entry form. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Provide details about the Ensemble and any project or activity with the potential to significantly enhance the ensemble’s career.
- Provide material (documentation, recordings, reviews, references etc.) to support application
- If selected as a finalist, the Ensemble may be invited to a follow-up interview or audition.
- The applicant must sign an agreement with 2MBS Fine Music Sydney acknowledging and accepting the Terms and Conditions governing the Artists in Residence Program.